We review and moderate all affiliate registrations, and we appreciate your accurate and honest information. Please note that the review process may take a few days – we know you are eager to join our team of affiliates, and we appreciate your patience!
If you’re approved, awesome! You’ll be given a unique referral ID that you can use to promote FRED + RHINO via referral links. Check out your private Affiliate Area for visits, referrals information, graphs and more!
Commissions and payouts
You’ll earn a sweet 10% commission when a customer purchases using your referral link.
We pay out affiliate commissions in USD via PayPal in the first week of every month. As we have a 30-day money back guarantee, we only pay commissions that are older than 30 days. The minimum payout balance is $25.00, and there’s no maximum payout balance!
We do not allow referrals to be generated on your own purchases.
Here are the details of our program in summary:
- You’ll receive 10% commission for every new sale you refer.
- Credit goes to the last affiliate who referred the customer.
- Minimum payout balance of $25.00, and no maximum payout (we pay in USD).
- Commissions older than 30 days will be paid within the first week of each month.
- Referrals are paid out via PayPal.
- Referrals cannot be generated on your own purchases (this includes using a different email address).
Referral cookie lifetime
When a potential customer clicks on your referral link, a cookie is stored in their browser to track your referral. The cookie is then stored for a generous 30 days to give your referred customers time to decide if they wish to purchase something, or ask us any pre-sale questions they may have.
A referral won’t be awarded if:
- The customer uses a different browser to purchase than the one they originally used to visit our site (because the cookie does not exist in that browser).
- The customer purchases after 30 days (because the cookie will expire).
Referrals older than 30 days and in good standing (i.e. the purchase has not been refunded) will be included with each commission payout (if the commission balance totals $25.00 or over). If a purchase is refunded, a commission won’t be paid out for that referral.
We reserve the right to reject affiliate commissions for any reason. Commission rejections may occur for the following reasons:
- The sale that the referral was based on was refunded.
- The method by which the referral was generated was in violation of our promotional policies (see below) or violated the spirit of the Affiliate Agreement.
Affiliate news and updates
By becoming an affiliate you agree to receive emails from FRED + RHINO. These emails will be sent to affiliates only, on an ad-hoc basis, and may include important information regarding the FRED + RHINO affiliate program. These emails will also provide you with relevant news and updates to help you effectively promote FRED + RHINO. As an affiliate you may be privy to embargoed or time-sensitive information in these emails (this information may only be promoted after an embargo is lifted). And we won’t spam you, ever – promise!
Affiliate application rejection
We reserve the right to reject affiliate applications for any reason. We also reserve the right to choose whether we provide an explanation or reasoning for affiliate application rejection. Affiliate applications for websites that sell, advertise or engage in pornography, phishing scams, spamming, illegal business practices, or that include any material infringing on National or International Copyright will be rejected.
Questions regarding your application
When you apply to become an affiliate we may email you at the email address you have supplied with some questions regarding your application. This may be because:
- We didn’t understand something in your application, or,
- We’d like to learn a bit more about how you will promote FRED + RHINO and need a little more detail.
If we reach out to you and we haven’t heard back within 7 days, your application may be rejected. If your initial application is rejected, you are welcome to reapply to become an affiliate and provide us with more detail for reconsideration.
Dormant affiliate accounts
Please don’t leave us! We encourage all of our affiliates to actively promote FRED + RHINO to keep earning referrals. If we can help you come up with ideas on how to promote FRED + RHINO, please let us know – we’re here for you! An affiliate account is considered dormant if no visits have been generated after a 6-month period. A dormant affiliate account will be temporarily deactivated if no visits have been generated after 6 months. But we don’t even want to go there right now, right?! Let’s work together to help you start earning some cash!
FRED + RHINO Affiliate Program Policies
Allowed promotional methods
We encourage the use of all promotional methods that add value to FRED + RHINO and bring us legitimate, loyal customers.
Here are a few examples of awesome promotional methods to earn more commission:
- Tell clients, customers, friends or fellow photographers about FRED + RHINO, and give them your affiliate referral link.
- Write a review or a blog post about FRED + RHINO and link to our site with your referral link.
- Send an email broadcast to your subscribers telling them about FRED + RHINO.
- Reach out to a broad audience with your social network accounts. Tweet about us on Twitter with your affiliate referral link, post about us on Facebook with your affiliate link, or communicate to your Linkedin followers about FRED + RHINO with your affiliate link. Spam-free promotion is a great way to get more referrals!
- Provide value to others by answering related questions on other sites with helpful responses, and using your referral link in your replies.
For select affiliates we provide personal discount coupons that they can use to incentivize their readers even more. Please contact us directly if you think you would be a good fit. Each application is reviewed individually.
Prohibited promotional methods
We love and back our courses 100%, and we are very careful with how it’s promoted, so we want affiliates who are 100% behind us too! The prohibited promotional methods listed below aren’t meant to scare you off – they’re here to protect you, and us, and our customers from any freaky or fraudulent activity, which is something we take pretty seriously. We know you’ll understand. But here they are in writing just in case you’re not totally sure what is and what isn’t allowed.
- FRED + RHINO may not be promoted on coupon sites.
Customers who are searching for a coupon are already in the market for FRED + RHINO, so this method adds no value to Photography Domination.
- Any type of spam is prohibited.
Links, ads, emails, comments… any type of spam. Please respect the posting rules of any 3rd-party websites you use to promote FRED + RHINO. P.S. This is not an exhaustive list of spam methods; if we decide that your activity is spam, it’s spam.
- Any illegal activity or activity deemed offensive by us is prohibited.
This may result in referrals being rejected and/or your affiliate account being deactivated. See above for allowed and super cool promotional methods!
- We’re flattered, but please don’t pretend to be professionally associated with FRED + RHINO.
Affiliates aren’t employees of FRED + RHINO and have no employee rights.
- Pretending to actually be FRED + RHINO is 100% prohibited.
Cloning our site or courses, copying our site or courses, using our copyrighted material, and pretending that a site created by you is an official FRED + RHINO site is unethical and prohibited (this includes using services that automatically clone websites, or place them into iframes).
- Again, false promotion to customers that you are endorsed or operated by FRED + RHINO is prohibited.
If you’re unsure or concerned that some activity you’re about to proceed with may be considered prohibited, please ask us.
Consequences of prohibited promotional methods
If your promotional methods step outside of these terms, your referrals may be rejected and we may disable your affiliate account. We reserve the right to do this and may or may not notify you in the instance that this occurs. Please use allowed promotional methods, and help us to help you succeed as an affiliate!
The following types of sites are not permitted to become an affiliate: adult sites, sites that display adult material or banners, sites that promote violence, hatred or bigotry, sites that promote or engage in illegal activity, including (but not limited to), hacking, cracking, nulled, and warez sites. Affiliate applications for inappropriate websites will be rejected, and we reserve the right to choose whether or not to provide a rejection reason.
The important stuff
By accepting these terms and conditions you are providing your nonlegal agreement to abide by them. By registering and being approved as an affiliate in our affiliate program you agree that your commissions are subject to approval before they are accepted and subsequently paid.
The affiliate relationship does not represent a professional or formal agreement, and as an affiliate you are not an employee of FRED + RHINO. You agree that this is not a legally binding relationship and as a result may not take legal action against FRED + RHINO. These affiliate terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.